8.31.2006

The Blogoshpere is Listening - SUS v1 Usage Dropping

I’m not seriously taking credit for this, but new information has come to light that says SUS v1 usage is declining. So, if you’re one of those people who upgraded to WSUS recently – give yourself a pat on the back. If you’re still on the fence, I hope it’s not barbed wire :P

And while I have your attention, a little piece of info regarding WSUS 3.0 Beta 2. I noticed my test server wasn’t synchronizing Exchange IMF updates, which has enabled much more SPAM to find my inbox. I filed a bug on Connect and found out this is a known issue. The most recent IMF update available via WSUS 3.0 Beta 2 is dated 5/11/2006. By contrast, WSUS 2.0 (or just plain WSUS if you prefer) is hosting an IMF update dated 8/10/2006. Just another reminder that this beta, like all betas, should be deployed with care.